LovabLe Neurotic

this space is my own... the world through my eyes

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Do what YOU want.

I’ve always believed that when I do something, I really gotta want to do it. Don’t do it half-heartedly.

In my life, there had been many instances where I was ‘obliged’ to do stuff… like work in Maersk, for example. I never wanted to do it. I never thought I had the capacity to work and study at the same time. I never wanted to work so quickly. I never really did like this company, anyway, multinational or not. In the end, I didn’t want to sign that bloody contract. It took all the strength in me to put my hand down and sign it.. But I absolutely regretted it. It took me two days, two full bloody days for me to quit. Two. It could have only taken me half a day to quit if I haven't tried to make it work. It didn't work out in the end, anyway. It made me so unhappy, that I can’t even get myself up to go to work for that two mornings.

What I am trying to say here is this… In life, there will be many situations whereby you will be forced or obliged to do things. Either for yourself, or other people. Don’t. The moral of the story is; if you wanna do something, do it from your heart. Don’t do it because you want to oblige me or your family or your friends to makes us happy; cause in the end, you’re the one who’s gonna suffer. Learn to say no. Learn to do things for yourself, not for other people. Be selfish. Don’t care what other people think about you. Don’t care what I think of you.

Do it from your heart.

The rest will follow.

I am pretty sure that we can find a way around things. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home