LovabLe Neurotic

this space is my own... the world through my eyes

Friday, August 19, 2005

Yet another example of Poor Etiquette

My father wanted me to book a room for him on the 8th of August in Hotel Mercure, Bali. It was really silly of him to pass me the information and asked me to email the Front Office Manager on the 6th. And do you know what that bloody lady in Front Office emailed me back?

Dear Lucinda,
Thank's for the e-mail,If possible next time would you please send me an e-mail not on sunday, andif it's saturday I leave the office at 3.00pm please send me before that.Thank's God that there is a room so your dad can get the room.

Please apologize for the inconvenience, and if you have to do so please sendus fax so the reservation staff can follow up properly.

Thank you and I hope to be your assistance some day if you visit Mercure.

Best regards,
Alit

Me, with my roaring temper on how badly I was treated as a customer to that bloody hotel replied:

Dear Alit,
Thank you for your clarifications upon that matter. My father, Mr.Edwin Chan only instructed me to email you on Sunday. Given that circumstance, it is impossible that I was able to email you any earlier. To ponder upon that subject, my father, Mr. Edwin Chan had also faxed your hotel prior to my email. This is just to have a form of back-up, in case the fax was not received. Therefore, I duly DO thank God that there are rooms for my father, given that situation.

I wish you the best of luck and health. And please, as a clear and gentle reminder, do not forget that your customers are your priority.

I will remember to come to Mercure Hotel, Bali if I ever get down there.

Thank you,
Lucinda Chan

In other words, i will NEVER go back there again. Or, if i have no other choice, will certainly NOT recommend any of of my friends to go to that hotel in the future. Btw, good england eh? Does she want me to apologize or is she apologizing to me? *ponders*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home