LovabLe Neurotic

this space is my own... the world through my eyes

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

setting it straight

My name is LUCINDA.

Say it out loud now.

LOO-SIN-DEH (NOT loo-sin-DAR)

Ok, let's do this again.. Loo-Sin-Deh.

That's right

*beams*

My boss, bless his kind soul, is eighty three years old. He's the sweetest boss ever, hardly correcting me and giving me a chance now and then to prove myself.

He has though, one irritating habit: he calls me LuCianDA.

really.

Loo-Cee-Ann-DAR.

i mean, hallo. i'm on your paylist.. you see my name on my reports, on my feature stories, on my press releases... and it's just plain Lucinda. Not LuCianDa.

So so wrong. My colleagues will just laugh and leave me feeling indignified whenever he calls me to his room.

*shakes head*

Then, my sweet colleague Lucia brightened up my day!

Lucia: Lucifer (oh shit!) i meant Lucinda.... *giggles*
Luc: Waaat..
Lucia: You know ah, on TV3 snd TV2 at 5-7pm on Sundays there's this coffee commercial. The coffee is called Lusianda Coffee with Tongkat Ali and that women's herb *wink wink*
Luc: (thinks: who the fuck watches tv3 and tv2 nowadays? Dude!) huh? U kidding? Crap. My name defiled yet again..
Lucia: *bursts out laughing*

....

mch. i mean, how more insulting can it be? The coffee promotes healthy reproductive systems.

My name very farnee ah now? it's Lucinda. Not LuCianDar or Lusianda. Nor is it Lucifer, as some people so rightly put it.

Dammit!!!

not funny. Shut up.

1 Comments:

Blogger LusciousLuc said...

eeyer, i was called that when i was in primary schooL!

Not fair!!!

September 21, 2006 9:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home